Victoria Park and Connswater Athletics Club are proud to invite you to take part in the The Connswater 5 Mile Challenge taking place at CS Lewis Square Belfast on Friday 13 August 2021.
As part of the Championship Ireland series of races, this race will take you along part of the magnificent Connswater Greenway and into beautiful Victoria Park before finishing back at CS Lewis Square.
- The course has been measured at 5 miles.
- This is a mixed terrain race: 50% road/path, 40% trail, 10% grass.
- Race numbers will be posted out in time for the race.
- Race entry is limited to 500.
- Start and finish line will be at CS Lewis Square.
- Race will start at 7:00pm sharp.
- Runners will start in waves due to COVID-19 restrictions. Runners will be asked to assemble in a zone equivalent to their approximate finish time.
- There will be a timing mat at the start and finish ensuring everone will get an accurate 'chip time'.
- The first wave will start at 7:00pm sharp.
- Water will be provided at the finish only.
- Limited car parking available at The Arches Centre.
- Public toilets will be available in the community centre.
- We would encourage participants to car share or use public transport where possible. The nearest Glider halts are 'Connswater' and 'Holywood Arches' and there is a Belfast Bikes docking station at CS Lewis Square.
- Prizes for top three ladies and men.
- Prizes for 1st place in age cateories - F40, M40, F50, M50, F60, M60, F70, M70.
- Bespoke medal for every finisher.
- Online entry only.
- No entry on the day.
- Entry fees: Registered Athlete - £13, Unregistered Athlete - £15. Late entry fee of £20 after 1st August.
- Entries are non-transferable.
- Minimum age is 16 years old. Participants must be 16 or over on race day.
- All participants must follow marshals instructions.
- 'In ear' or 'over ear' headphones are not permitted for safety reasons. Only bone conduction headphones are permitted.
- Running with buggies/prams is not permitted.
- Running with a dog or other pets is not permitted.
- All COVID guidelines as of 13th August must always be adhered to.
- Guidelines subject to change at short notice due to any COVID restrictions at time of event, changes may include, for example, a wave start if recommended for public safety.